June 24-25, 2023
11:00 am to 6:00 pm
27075 S. Sandgates Rd., Mechanicsville MD
- Advance purchase of tickets required, no tickets available for purchase at the event
- Tickets will be emailed in June
- One ticket per person, good for one day, kids 3 and under are free.
- Tickets will be exchanged for a wristband when you check in to the event
- Tickets are $35 per person, per day. Kids 3 and under are free.
- This is a rain or shine event, all ticket purchases are final
- Limited on-site parking available for $25 (advance purchase only)
- Passenger drop-offs are allowed for certain situations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We have off-site parking available at the Hollywood Fire Department located at 24801 MD-235, Hollywood, MD. We have contracted two trolleys from Patuxent Transportation to transport guests from the off-site parking area to the farm and back. The Trolley ride is approximately 10 minutes to travel 5 miles to and from the farm.
- For guests who need a lift, we provide a 6-passenger golf cart with a driver for transportation around the event.
About the Farm
- Lavender thrives in the full hot summer sun, but humans generally do not. Please dress accordingly, and don’t forget to bring hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Guests are encouraged to make themselves at home by bringing lawn chairs, picnic blankets, and an hand held umbrella for shade.
- Proper footwear (closed toed shoes with traction) is highly recommended so you can safely and gracefully frolic around the farm.
- Our 6-passenger golf carts with drivers for those who need a lift to parking or the flower fields.
- For your safety and the safety of all of our guests, please observe all signage and posted restrictions while enjoying our working farm.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times for their safety.
- Strollers are allowed on the farm road, and. in the grass areas.
- We love pets, but please leave them at home.
- Pop up tents are not allowed.
- We have 33 happy honeybee hives on the farm. The lavender will be in bloom, and full of bees, butterflies, and other beneficial pollinators. These farm friends will be busy enjoying the blooms as well, and while they will not pose a threat to most, people who are allergic to bees should take precautions.
Stay for the weekend!
Stay Friday and Saturday night on the farm in our historic Susannah’s Watch B&B – Sold out for the event
Additional accommodations are available at a discounted rate for our event at The Inn at Leonardtown
Extras Available for Purchase
Professional Photo Shoot in the Lavender by LB Photography Book your session
Fresh Flower Bouquet Workshop by Sunnyside Florals Book Now
Flower Crown Making Workshop Book Now
Yoga Classes by Spice Studio Sign Up Here
U-Cut Lavender Bouquet Available for purchase on the farm, check-in with our table near the barn. We will provide you with instruction, clippers, a container, and a mason jar with water to take home!
U-Cut Flowers Available for purchase on the farm, check-in with our table near the barn. We will provide you clippers, a container, and a mason jar with water to take home!
Entertainment & Activities
Saturday Live Music
Sunday Live Music
Mary’s Go Round
Face Painting for Kids
Renu’s Fun Faces
located in the Carriage House
by SOMD Entertainment
Plein Air Artist Demo and Gallery
Finished paintings of the lavender fields will be located in the Carriage House and available for purchase
by Alison Barry and other local artists
by Spice Studio available Thursday and Friday Sign up Here
Outside food and drinks are not permitted
(with the exception of water)
Saturday Food Trucks:
Sunday Food Trucks:
Delicious Sweet Treats
Pre-Order Boxed Lunches from Quality Street Kitchen & Catering
Boxed Lunches will be available for pickup at the event.
Saturday and Sunday:
Tobacco Barn Distillery (Bourbon)
Port of Leonardtown (Maryland Wines)
Bar Hill Gin (Saturday)
Timber Gin from Grey Wild Distilling (Sunday)
Non-Alcohol Beverage Vendors
Jillian’s Fare Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
Juice Buzz (Fresh Juices)
Art, Craft, and other Vendors
|Handmade sterling silver jewelry|
|Stained glass art|
|Tee shirts, Cups, Crewnecks, door signs, home decor|
|Repurposed wine barrel decor|
|Resin based wood projects and cutting boards|
|Maryland themed home decor, farmhouse style signs, serving boards, and Christmas ornaments|
|Stars, Birdhouses, flowers made with license plates and refurbished wood|
|Homemade Wine Jellies and Hand Crafted cork items|
|Signs, earrings, beaded garland, wine glass charms, birdhouses, ornaments and more|
|Wheel Thrown and Hand Built Pottery|
|Unique Shoreline Art|
Details coming soon
Details coming soon
Frequently Asked Questions
What varieties of Lavender grow on your farm? We grow both English & French cultivars. The varieties growing in the fields are: Grosso, Gross Bleu, Provence, Phenomenal, Sensational, Richard Gray, and Bridget Chloe.
Can I bring pets?
We love pets too – but we do not allow pets for public events on the farm. If you would like to schedule a private photo shoot with a professional photographer with your pet on a leash, we do allow that. Please send us an email and we will be happy to answer any additional pet questions.
Can I bring food or drinks?
Bottled water is encouraged, and may be brought into the event. Other outside food or drinks is not permitted for this event, with the exception of snacks and drinks for kids.
Can I bring pop-up tents?
We have some very windy days on the farm occasionally. Pop up tents are not allowed.
Can I bring a stroller?
Strollers are permitted on the farm road, and grass areas, but not in the lavender, wildflower, or cut flower fields.
Can I cut my own lavender?
We have an area reserved for U-Cut lavender, however it is NOT included in the ticket price. Lavender bundles will also be available for purchase.
What should I bring?
We recommend guests wear appropriate footwear (closed toe shoes) bring water, sunscreen, bug spray, hats, and sunglasses. Guests are also welcome to bring lawn chairs, and picnic blankets. We recommend not wearing any fragrances, or brightly colored florals. There will be honeybees and bumblebees in the blooming lavender, and if you look and smell like a flower they will find you irresistible.
Can I visit the lavender field on a different day than the festival?
Our farm is not open the the public. We do have U-Cut days during the summer months, and will announce those days on our website, and our Instagram page.
Is there parking available at the event?
We are a waterfront lavender farm with areas of the shoreline protected by the State of Maryland. Being on the water is very beautiful, but severely limits our parking options for large events. We hope you will overlook the parking inconvenience and enjoy the gorgeous view the farm offers. We have contracted two passenger trolleys from Patuxent Transportation to bring guests to and from our offsite parking lot at the Hollywood Fire Department located at 24801 MD-235, Hollywood, MD 20636. The trolley ride is approximately 10 minutes (5 miles) to and from the off-site parking.
Will there be alcohol available for purchase?
We have some excellent options available for purchase at our beautiful outdoor cocktail lounge.
- Tobacco Barn Distillery Bourbon Bar
- Port of Leonardtown will be pouring award winning Maryland wines at the Wine Bar
- Bar Hill will be serving up some delicious gin cocktails at the Gin Bar.
What is the cost of admission?
Early bird special pricing is available now for $25. Full price tickets will go on sale April 7, 2023 until sold out. Tickets will not be available for purchase at the Event.
Are checks and credit cards accepted? (ATM?)
Tickets can be purchased online with a credit or debit card. Vendors on site at the event will be accepting cash, credit, or debit cards. There is no ATM at the event.
Where can I find a schedule of events?
A schedule of events will be published on this website by the end of April, 2023.
Can I leave the event a re-gain entrance?
You will be issued a wristband upon arrival. The wristband will give you the ability to leave and come back later that same day.
Does the event run rain or shine?
The Lavender Days Festival will take place on June 24th and 25th, 2023 regardless of the weather conditions. We recommend bringing appropriate gear for predicted weather.
Are there restrooms on the property?
There will be two luxury restroom trailers at the event.
Is the Lavender Festival handicap accessible?
The farm fields are not handicap accessible. The festival is a farm event and is spread over several acres of land with varying terrain including gravel, uneven ground, and grass.
Is the event outdoors? Is there shade/AC?
The entire event will be held outdoors. Shaded areas include umbrellas, our Timber Pavilion, as well tented areas. You may also bring your own handheld umbrella. There will not be any air conditioning at the festival.
How can I become a vendor?
Use our vendor request form and provide a list of products or services that you wish to sell. If space is available you will be sent a confirmation email.
What can I expect from my Lavender Festival experience?
The lavender festival will provide for a relaxing, stress free day to enjoy the beautiful purple haze of the fragrant lavender and colorful flower fields. Carefully selected vendors offering a wide variety of locally crafted art, home decor, jewelry, tasty baked treats, ice cream, lavender lemonade, artisan soaps, and of course our own line of farm made lavender products. There will be a petting zoo for the kids, face painting, live music from local bands, and several extras available for purchase to make your day on the farm one to remember.
What type of ID is required?
A valid government-issued ID is required for all guests over the age of 21 wishing to consume alcoholic beverages from our vendors.
Are tickets available at the entrance?
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets will NOT be available at the gate.
I bought a ticket for Sunday can I use it Saturday?
Tickets are only valid on the day shown on the ticket.
Is the event family friendly?
Tickets are required for all all guests, children 3 and under are free. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. If children are observed running freely without adult supervision, you will be asked to leave the property. We want all of our guests to have a fun, relaxing, and safe farm experience.
What kind of food is available?
There are pre-order boxed lunches and charcuterie boxes available, as well as a selection of food trucks scheduled for the event both Saturday and Sunday.
Can we take family photos in the lavender field?
Yes! Please feel free to snap some photos in the areas of the lavender fields designated for family photos. We have a restricted area for in the lavender for our on-site professional photographer. Please be mindful of the signs, and keep the professional photography area clear.